Sunday, February 10, 2008

ALEX 'MIS-UNDERSTANDS' THE VILLAGE FORM OF GOVERNMENT. SO THAT'S IT!

In my previous post, I commented that attendance seems to be down by village board members. I also 'hear' that attendance at other commission meetings is not 'what it used to be' also. One of the up-shots of my comments was that since opposition is gone, it really doesn't matter anymore since the results are pre-conceived. Well, that has brought the spears out again.

In one of the latest comments on that previous blog, RAG (Asst DA Dick Ginkowski) figured it out! He said that I apparently "MISUNDERSTAND" the villages form of government. Makes sense to me.

I guess just an example of my naive expectation that agenda items will be discussed openly and actively debated by elected officials at convenient times for citizens (and videotaped for others to see later). How dumb of me!

Dick explains that my past and current 'shortcoming' is that I don't understand how the Pleasant Prairie Village Government is supposed to work, and to what role the elected officials ('council') play in it. On his blog http://ragdujour.blogspot.com/, he actually states that if the Village Administrator is doing his job well, then the "there isn't really all that much for the council to do". Surely this was a mis-statement and an exaggeration to say the least, or maybe it was one of those un-guarded moments when reality slips free. Steve Kumorkiewicz -- do you think you don't have that much to do?

WAIT A SECOND HERE?! The citizens (voters) elect a village board so that they can have a manager reporting to them (and directing/advising/recommending them) on how to vote resulting in NOT MUCH TO DO?!

Maybe that's okay for some folks. It kind of makes the village board an HR OFFICE for hiring the Village Administrator. Not that it's the case currently, but this HR OFFICE has hamstrung itself because if it ever really wanted to make a change it would have to pay the outgoing administrator about $350,000 to go away (but I digress..)

FROM THE VILLAGE'S WEBSITE:
About the Village BoardThe Village of Pleasant Prairie has a Board-Administrator form of government. Under this form of government, the elected Village Board sets the policies for the operation of the Pleasant Prairie government. The administrative responsibility of the Village rests with the Village Administrator who is appointed by the Village Board. The Village Board consists of four Trustees and the Village President.

The VILLAGE BOARD SET THE POLICIES?-- When is the last time you saw the village board set any policy -- I see a LOT of ratification going on, but 'setting' and/or initiating? The village administrator and/or a commission makes a recommendation and the village board approves it. Maybe they don't have that much to do? I see, I was really trying to DO something while the rule was DON'T DO anything because it's already done. Hmmm? Ackward-kind of a square peg thing? It's all starting to make sense...thanks Dick!

So, just exactly when is the 'policy setting' being done? And where? And who is in the room?

All right, there you have it. All you anonymous mean-spirited commenters have at it. Aren't you just so happy to have me around to give you such fodder? (Gives you some focus and direction).

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly are dedicated to your work. You sell fertilizer by day and shovel it by night & weekend. Very impressive to say the least.

PleasantPrairieWI said...

How do you know what I sell during the day?

Thanks for your comments!

I like that fact that you find my dedication to the community so very impressive. Can I quote you on that? Any names I can attach to that quote?

What is wrong with you people?

Again all you can do is attack the person, but you have nothing valid to say about the topic. It must bother you so much that all you can do is get all lathered up and attack. Nice. Maybe you should run for Village President. Sounds like you have the credentials that I apparently did not.

PleasantPrairieWI said...

Speaking of shoveling fertilizer.

That is what I referred to that our honorable Village President does at his farm. Now, is that a dairy farm or a feed farm or a horse boarding operation, or what?

Whew! At least he doesn't have to pay Clean Water Utility bills for all that fertilizer that runs off his property. Adequate revenues are fortunately generated from the pockets of retired ladies on social security who happen to have large pastoral properties that aren't and can never be used for agriculture or other revenue generation -- at least she's paying her 'FAIR SHARE'.

Any comments all you anonymi/anonymouses (take your pick)?

Anonymous said...

Mike:

You're awful brave on a blog. How about getting up at Citizen's Comments and accusing Steinbrink of the misdeeds you claim he commits? Let's see you get on tape with those comments...they'll be held against you in a court of law when you're sued for slander.

You and Alex are a couple of chickens, tossing allegations around with no foundation. GET UP IN A BOARD MEETING AND ACCUSE THEM, OR SHUT THE H*** UP.

Village People said...

You aren't even smart enough to know who is responding! Mike's blog name is NOT pleasantprairiewi. Get a clue before you commit another error. Funny you should mention suing. Maybe you should start asking about phone calls. Let's see if they'll say the same things at Board Comments, eh? Quit hiding, at least everyone knows who I am except apparently you.

PleasantPrairieWI said...

Dear Anonymouse Squared,

You keeping proving again and again what a psychophantic and uninformed minion your are for the powers that be. Explain (again WITH SPECIFICS if you are able to focus that long) what it is that I am saying that is slanderous.

During the campaign last spring, I had to deal with threats of legal derailment for the use of the word "INFLUENCE", so just curious as to what specifically you are referring to now. Even Chief Brian Wagner felt this was too much so willing cronie Kenosha Chief Dan Wade had to be the surrogate authority -- did you know that?

Is he not a farmer? Is the retired lady not paying somewhere near triple what the honorable farmer pays for ALL of his profit generating fertilizer using (and shoveling) land. What's slanderous? Slander requires something to be blatantly and knowingly false. WHERE'S THE BEEF?

If YOU per paying attention for more than the nano-second that you are apparenlty capable of, then you would know that I HAVE stood before the board and asked why it is that a retired lady with a 20 acre pastoral parcel pays nearly $84 per month while the right honorable dairy farmer pays much less when without ANY DOUBT his land contributes more to dirty run off than hers.

The question clearly preturbed the left hand man. (Yes, left hand).
So big shot, it's already done and once again you prove you know nothing about what you speak.

NEXT!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Looks like VDS (Village Derangement Syndrome) has set in again.

Anonymous said...

take a look in the mirror

RAG said...

Alex,

When a comment is submitted, two things are supposed to happen: (1) I get an E-mail which includes the text of the comment and (2) an alert is displayed when I log in. In the situation you mentioned, I neither got an E-mail or alert.

Feel free to resubmit. (I had to type this twice, btw.)

The software on this site is known to have issues (i.e., spell checker hasn't worked for several days) and it's good to have feedback to know about them. Since the service is free, it's hard to complain too much.

PleasantPrairieWI said...

Dick,

With all due respect, on my blog when somebody clicks SUBMIT, their comments appear on the blog.

Simple and inclusive.

I appreciate your desire to keep your blog pristine, but I think folks want to see everyone's opinions (positive or negative).

We'll just have to disagree on this one, but thanks for taking time to explain what you are experiencing.

Alex

Anonymous said...

Sure glad that's all cleared up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the videos. Some interesting comments recently. I'm also glad the Village posts audio files too. Much better than the "official" edited Meeting Minutes. I guess the Village Newsletter is their version of a Blog!

Anonymous said...

1. If Alex does sell fertilizer by the day, he's lucky, if you happen to watch stocks like Monsanto and Potash.

2. Is the "Anonymous" fool the same one that believes that if everyone pays the same property tax, it's communism?

3. I'd take anything the Ginkster says with a grain of salt. I just read his 738 word diatribe of vapid nonsense he calls "Running a government like a business" and it's 10 minutes of my life I cannot get back. A so-called "Main Street Republican" (whatever the hell that is), his site is more bumbling than blog. How does an assistant DA have the time to blog?

4. Alex has asked Mr. Snakes to tone down the rhetoric. Alex wants to use a more civil tone when talking about the coming fiasco that is Pleasant Prairie. Mr. Snakes respects Alex's decision to go civil, but ultimately disagrees with him. The bottom line is that the thieves and bottom-feeders that run PP are not worth the effort.

I remember sitting at a board meeting during citizen's comments, Alex was complaining about a discrepancy in the minutes, when some azzclown friend of the Tub of Goo made one of the most derogatory comments about a public official (Alex) that I had ever heard. This brave soul said it under his breath, but just loud enough so that people sitting close could hear. I remember looking at him, this illiterate dolt, and telling him to shut his yapper. The big tough guy didn't know what to say, so he did just that.

So Alex, you can be civil all you want and you're probably a better man for it, but I've had enough of the buffoonery.

PleasantPrairieWI said...

Mr. Snakes,

I was hoping that you did not go away. Thank you for not being 'insulted' by my comments about the kinder and gentler part.

I appreciate the understanding that I personally find need to 'behave', BUT I welcome your comments and I think its important for ALL to see that there IS BIG RESENTMENT out there for the WAY THINGS ARE.

As stated before, I will NOT edit or delete anything without specific request of the commenter. I believe a blog is worthless if only one viewpoint is allowed. This is how I choose to manage this blog and that is how I chose to manage my actions where I represented the people of Pleasant Prairie.

Your comments about my concerns about minutes are spot on. This was the reality that I was facing, and I was mostly alone. Not only did the other board members pile on, but I also had the regular pleasure of having audience members throw spears too.

Again, thanks for being here, and I really hope that you will be a regular contributor -- as you have witnesses I see regular blind faith minions chiming in on behalf of the others (they have been awfully quiet all of the sudden -- where they TOLD to cease and desist?).

Thanks,
Alex

Anonymous said...

Hey Babcock (sorry, Snakes),

If you're so tired of it, click on another web site.

Anonymous said...

You are quick to name names for anonymous or avatar commenters.
Maybe we should do the same?
Clyde, Mike, Steve, Mike, John, Doug, Howard? Any I missed?

Anonymous said...

Ringo, Paul, John, George?

Anonymous said...

Hey anonymous,

Which Babcock are you claiming is the "snake?" My dad doesn't know how to post on blogs and I always sign my name at the bottom. I can assure you I am not too chicken to attach my name to anything I have written. The same can't be said for you and many others here. I really don't have time at the moment to respond to any blogs, but if you're man enough to accuse me face to face, I'll be man enough to tell you what I think of hiding behind an anonymous post.

Bob Babcock Jr.

Anonymous said...

It's Ginkowski!

Anonymous said...

The anonymous post saying its Ginkowski is as credible as the anonymous post claiming the "snake" is a Babcock.

SIGNED,

Bob Babcock Jr.

RAG said...

Moi? Ha-ha-ha!

About as much chance as me being the next poster child for Jenny Craig!

Thanks, Bob (jr.).

And, as I have pointed out in the past, this is WHY I had to start moderating comments.

Jerry Springer must be in reruns or something.

Anonymous said...

although Ginkowski has exhibited 'blinded-by-obedience' tactics, he is not the Snake or the Babcock accuser.
He is the editor of nice-nice.
Bob Jr. is a MAN with a position - don't screw with him or his.
That does not resemble many of you anonymous types who continue to be nobodies. We need more people like that around that are willing to be visible.